Advantages Of This Academy
Study at your own pace
Financial aid available
One on one coaching
Unlimited hands-on practice on a virtual software
Access to instructors with an average response time of one hour
Ability to customized packages suitable to your needs*
*If you are an existing dental receptionist looking to enhance your skills, at Mishilo Academy, you have the option to custom build packages by selecting modules from our curriculum.
Dental Reception Course Outline
A. Optimal Personality of a Dental Administrator.
- Why is it necessary and how is it applicable to this career.
- Significant characteristics and traits.
- Help students use critical thinking to gather information about themselves and to work towards achieving optimal traits.
- Awareness of the effects of stress from work into your personal life and vice versa.
- PART B– Essential tools to help you self-assess your current level of stress, and by consciously taking the necessary steps to manage complex situations effectively.
• Primary and Adult Dentition/numbering System.
• Tooth Sectioning and Anatomy.
• Radiography- Usage of Radiography for Insurance and Referrals.
- How do they differ?
- Types of specialties. (Endo, Perio, Ortho, Pedo, OMS, Prostho, Oral pathology)
- Duties of: Cda, hygienist, reception, dental lab tech, office manager.
- Define the fee guide and function. The role fee guide plays with insurances.
- Explain how to find codes in fee guide based on treatment, the usage of sextants.
- Explain the fundamentalism of dental insurances, how do they work as single or multiples. How to obtain information from dental insurances and how to use that information.
- Why are pre-authorization important, how to use it and how to deliver the results to patients.
- Type of insurances
- Characteristics of a claim form.
- Explain the main difference between both and the critical points about each.
- Digital: Xray, charting, billing is digital, which means it can be easily accessible to other dental clinics of patients.
- Non-digital: X-rays, charting, billing will be done in paper format, which means extra steps to obtain the same results as well as more material involves. Record keeping must be optimal.
- Understanding the fundaments of marketing and sales
- Usage and importance of office policies.
- Protect patient’s privacy when discussing finances.
- The usage of agreement forms.
- Social medial advertisement
- Daily Ledger Auditing
- Insurance Preauthorization and Claim Submission
- Write Off and Adjustment
- Day End Summary
- Effective method of communication between dentist to staff, staff to staff and staff to patient
- Meaning of communication
- The key to avoid conflicts
- Steps to minimized conflict.
- Facts and emotions
- Mindful communication at work.
- Taking responsibility.
- Your role as a receptionist in case of an emergency.
- Disclosure of Patient’s private information.
- Patient’s file sharing with other clinics or with patients.
- Disease transmission and occupational exposure.
- Why is practicum not essential.
- How to find the right job for you and to apply for it.
- The interview.
Dental Sterilization Program
Over 12 years of experience in the dental field. I started as a certified dental assistant in 2007, continued as a dental receptionist in 2013, and eventually taking the role of office manager/treatment coordinator as well as marketing manager. I am now the founder and program creator of MISHILO ACADEMY. I am passionate about helping others achieve their highest potential by providing care and attention to what is truly important. You!
Full certification program : $1700+ GST
Custom packages : $155+ GST per module